Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Something about Movie

Not a frequent movie goer for quite some years so here are just some thoughts from what was showing on TV.


If you choose to blend in, will you still be the same person you were? Or will you become one of "them"?

The Devil Wears Prada (2006) - Anne Hathaway, Meryl Streep

Something mentioned in the "New on the Big Screen in October" on HBO about the movie "The Devil Wears Prada" caught my attention the other night. Andy, the newly recruited personal assistant to the famous fashion magazine editor-in-chief Miranda, found a decision effecting her personal life is in need to be made. The question, in short, asks how much would one be willing to sacrifice in trading of what he/she wants. This have been around for so long where the answer seems to be too obvious to mention. It is said one changes, or evolves, along the progress and the more one asks, the less one will remain the same.

An old film called "HEAT" from 1995 was shown on TV tonight.


Heat (1995) - Al Pacino, Robert De Niro
© Copyright 1995 - Warner Bros. - All rights reserved.



I still remembered it was one of my all time favor until now, for the movie was lead by Al Pacino and Robert De Niro, both are fabulous actors, and Val Kilmer. Although I am not that much into De Niro, the other two actors, especially Al, was and still is on my top 10 list. It's a simple movie about good guys and bad guys but with Al and De Niro's act, it's more then a cop and thief movie. It was like life to the extreme level when good and evil were meant to be face to face for one last time.

As to the gunfight scene, I personally think should be counted as the best fighting scene forever. I remembered there was no redundent sound effects for gunshots when the movie was showing in theaters, but all I can find online are those with effects. Was it my bad memory or was it the movie releaser to be blamed I am not sure, but here is the scene and hope you'll like it as much as I do.


No comments: