Sunday, February 25, 2007

Disappointing Dunkin' Donuts

A new franchise opened in the city. With sweet memories I went for the donuts and coffee like old days.
Looked around the familiar surrounding was a relief and I started to expect to see donuts and flavored coffee I was used to enjoy. It took me by surprise when I saw PonDeRing look-a-like piled up the glass frame in store. Okie, so it was not exactly the sweet old time Dunkin' Donuts I remembered. After picking some donuts that looked like what I used to have reluctantly, murmuring to myself "why there's no french curler..." in the meantime, I went to the counter tyring to find Hazelnut coffee. "Sorry, we don't have that." was the answer I got. Disappointed as I was, something listed under the Iced Beverage section caught my eyes. "Coolatta" it read, and I said to the clerk "I will have that."
On my way home, I couldn't help to take a sip of it. The overdone taste of artificial sweeteners shook every nerve of my body and I was not able to tell what that flavor was. Rather disappointed I have to say, the quality of this franchise's donut and coffee, on any scale. It would be better if they don't mimic somebody else' donut, and if they could keep both the standard and the variety of their products. For me, I won't be going into that shop again for my old memories was badly hurt by it.

No comments: